Thursday, September 29, 2011

Disney's The Lion King - 3D

Today, SweeTart's preschool took a field trip because so many of the "siblings" of the preschoolers had the holiday off from school.  They invited us all to a local screening of Disney's The Lion King - in 3D.

This movie was originally released in 1994 and was critically acclaimed (way back) then. Many famous men and women lend their voices to the characters in this movie:  James Earl Jones, Matthew Broderick, Whoopi Goldberg to name a few.  And the soundtrack for this movie?  Unbelievable!!!!  Elton John!!! DinoBoy slept with this soundtrack playing a continuous loop all night long for YEARS.   Even now when he hears the "Circle of Life," he says "isn't this from that CD?"

Child sized 3D glasses are what were handed to my by one of my wonderful daughters - and they worked!  The movie was phenomenal!  I cannot say enough good things about it.  We've owned the movie since ... 1995?  We upgraded from VHS to DVD when the older kidlets were younger.  The VHS tape got a little worn out but the DVD is still playing well.  I have to admit that I do have the new 3D version on order (it includes a digital copy that I can put on the iPad / iTouch, etc. for mobile viewing as well and will release on 10/4/11.)  It was hard not getting up and sing with Simba when he was belting out "I just can't wait to be King" but I did manage to keep it under control.

It was definitely worth seeing on the big screen.  A shout out to the wonderful ladies at A Child's Place for taking the time to set this trip up for us and inviting the entire extended families.  We had a great time and can't wait for our next field trip!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds amazing! That was my favorite movie as a kid and I'm going to take my 2 year old to see it for her first movie. =)

Michael Ann said...

This is my first visit here (from VB) so I didn't see your site before the makeover, but this looks GREAT! Very cute and funny content!

Michael Ann
The Big Green Bowl
Thinking in My Head