Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Belated Thanksgiving and Early Christmas

At the rate I'm going, who knows when I'll next blog.


Turkey day was at my house this year (again). The high point is that I killed no one and no one has called to tell me that they were sick for the entire weekend afterwards. Which is always good, right? I will be the first to admit that I am not a good cook nor a gracious host. I do fine the day of but kvetch like none other about having to clean my house, get the food and do it. When in reality, besides the cleaning factor, having everyone over is fun!! I just over-stress over the whole cleaning thing and what if the kids step in dog poop (which they did!!) and all of the other things that could go wrong - but usually, nothing does and everyone goes home with a full belly and a smile on their face.


OK - it is now the morning after I started this post ... I've been up since 4:30 a.m. - I've already showered, dressed, worked for the husband for an hour via remote controlling his computer at work and Christmas shopped on ebay. Now - my coffee is cold and I'm still having to go brush my teeth before Nanny Extraordinnaire gets here and I'm out the door to the office. Where has the time gone???

Nothing newsworthy to report in the last 24 hours - had a regular monthly check-up at the OB yesterday afternoon. All seems well. I've gained a whopping ten pounds already since this kid's inception. Heartrate 144. The girls at the office think I'm carrying like a girl. I think it was the pink shirt that I had on yesterday when I saw them because today I'm in brown and blue and the belly is looking totally different. It really is all in what you wear! We go for the 20 week ultrasound next Thursday - stay tuned. Of course, if this baby is anything like Twinkletoes, we might have to go for four more ultrasounds before we can determine the gender! :)

I have to run ... the Nanny E. just pulled up and is on her way in. I'm obvioulsy still here typing which makes me ... running behind.

Have a fantastic Wednesday!