Friday, September 9, 2011

Recipe Exchange: Shrimp Monterey

I recently started a private group on Facebook called "recipe exchange".  It is simply that - we're exchanging recipes in hopes of expanding our menus and maybe making planning a little easier during the busy fall months ahead. 

Below, I'm sharing a recipe from my SIL Denise and have added it to my lame Recipe page.  I am hoping to get that updated more often. If you would like to participate in the exchange, please let me know and I'll add you into the group! 

Again, thanks D ~ I cannot wait to try this recipe out - it looks like it is going to rock!! 



Denise 10:55am Sep 6
Shrimp Monterey

2 cloves garlic minced

2 tbs butter
2 lbs (Med.) shrimp ( i like 3) uncooked, peeled
1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
2 tbs minced parsley

Saute garlic in butter for 1 min

Add shrimp cook 8 min or until pink
place in baking dish (keep warm)
Add wine or broth to skillet, bring to boil cook for 5 min until reduced.
Pour over shrimp, top with cheese Bake @ 350F for 10 min

I serve with rice and a side salad.

2 comments:

Denise said...

The Boys Love it and request it all the time its on the menu for Thursday this week! Even have to have the girlfriend request it! You are gonna love it!!!

Denise said...

That would be Dustin's girlfriend