Thursday, February 23, 2012

2 Months til Mrs! (Heather Muzik)

From the Publisher:  2 Months 'Til Mrs. is the second book in the 2 'Til series. Cat is at it again--over reacting, over thinking, and over indulging.... The New Year is here and for Catherine Hemmings that means one thing--the year she met Joel "Fynn" Trager is over. Long-distance love with her Minnesota man has had her living out of a suitcase for months, never knowing for sure what time it is on either end. Now thirty-five is breathing down her neck and she is tired of living in limbo.... In just 2 short months she'll be another year older.... Can Cat make it down the aisle under the wire? It's a race against time and the laws of wedding physics, and she is going to need all the help she can get... especially as she begins to realize that love just might be blind to reality. Is Catherine really ready to give up NYC for good? To take on a ready-made family? To say I do? Will she follow her head or her heart?


What I thought: Loved it!!  I absolutely loved seeing where Cat and Fynn wind up and what is going on with the family and friends we met in 2 Days Til Sundae.  Quite an easy and enjoyable read.  I started one morning and finished it the next day ... life with three kids, two dogs and loveable hubs, in between.  :-)  Cat is a quirky and enjoyable protagonist.  I love characters who I think I would get along with in real life!  Her way of thinking and her antics are so much fun!!

While this is the second in the 2 'Til series, I found it to be worthy of it's own "stand alone" acclaim too.  The characters are well built and story line, while references the prior book, doesn't need to have the history of reading the first book to enjoy the second.

We are left with a few unresolved issues in the mix too --- wonder if there will be another 2 Til book coming out next year?

My recommendation?  Pick up your copy of 2 Months til Mrs. at the special pre-release Kindle and Nook price of only $2.99!   Seriously, you can't beat it.   All the therapy you need after a long day right inside your electronic reader!


4 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for featuring 2 Months 'Til Mrs. And thanks to all the 2 Days 'Til Sundae readers who clamored for a sequel! I have really enjoyed the reaction people have toward Cat--she is fun and ridiculous and at times she shows us the worst in ourselves, but she is learning and growing just like we all have to do and I love her for it.

As for a 3-quel? I hope so too!!

Mrs. Diner said...

I'm always looking for great Nookbooks. Thanks for sharing.

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing! I hadn't heard of this series before.

Misadventures in Motherhood said...

Hehee...for some reason I initially thought this was a children's book review. So I read "Cat" and pictured a big fluffy cat, going through ups and downs, and then...well, you can imagine my confusion. I had to go back and read the whole thing over again! LOL Looks like an interesting book!

I'm stopping by from voiceBoks members to remember! Hope you're having a great day!

Smiles, Jenn @Misadventures in Motherhood