Sunday, August 2, 2009

August

We packed the truck, the kids and the wave runner yesterday and headed down to Ship Bottom to R&D's vacation spot for the week. It was awesome!! We were able to corral the little ones on the first floor - the deck had a gate - thank goodness!! They didn't get into too much trouble and I think that SweeTart and her cousin TMW had a great time playing together. Its amazing that they're so close in age and so different in size. For starters, SweeTart must have ten pounds on the kid - but he is over a head taller than her and skinny, skinny, skinny. Funny that his mama told me that he is back in a size three diaper and we're moving right along into fives all the time. I guess I can pack up the fours that we have left and give them to him -- at least he'll grow into them. LOL

The husband, DinoBoy and Twinkletoes had a fantastic time on the wave runner. We all got a turn - but the kids had the MOST turns. They couldn't get off of the thing. When they weren't on the wave runner, they were swimming in the bay right off of the dock at the house. Reminds me of summers when we were little...running up and down the docks. Very fun!! I will post pictures later today.

Today, I am aiming to get a meal plan for the week, or even two done. I need to get myself back on track with weight loss. We've been eating okay but not well enough lately. I have cookbooks galore from the library: weight watchers, south beach diet, warehouse cookbooks - you name it, I've either got it here or it is on hold waiting for someone else to finish up with it. I am determined to drop 20 pounds. DETERMINED. Which means that I need to focus, stay on track and be accountable.

I found a few little sites that may or may not help me with this mission of meal planning. Check them out - if you're in the same quandry I am - getting home later than anticipated, having nothing in the fridge for dinner (we have it - but it is located in the freezer and is still a block of ice!), stopping on the way home spending extra money at the supermarket to get something that should be either quick or healthy but is usually neither (even if it is good) and wind up spending extra money that I shouldn't. So ... here are a few of the sites:

I am sure there are plenty more but I am going to do a little more research, grab another cup of coffee and get to work. First order of business is cleaning out the fridge. Its a yukky job but I've been neglecting it for too long!!

No comments: