Monday, August 24, 2009

School? Not soon....

With a late Labor Day this year, our older kids aren't starting school until Wednesday, September 9th. Can you believe it? Two weeks from now. That's a long time away....I guess it will go pretty quickly if you're 7 or 8!

On the other hand, I think they are ready for school to start again. They're starting to fight a little more each and every day and they're finally complaining that they're "bored". We still don't have their teacher assignments so we can't even finish their "back to school" shopping. DinoBoy is going into the third grade and Twink is going into the second. DinoBoy's list for school is 2 pages long and Twinkletoes' is almost that long. There is only one difference: DinoBoy's is teacher specific. That's an issue when you have no idea who your teacher is going to be. I looked back at the Principal's last bulletin in June promising teacher assignments in the beginning of August (she indicated like we had last year - I don't remember getting them that early.) Here were are with just a few days left in August and I still know no more than I did the first week in August. Its frustrating. I have plenty of other things to complain about but that is all I will blog about today.

I lost two pounds last week. Yippee!! Of course, I probably gained them all back last night eating a piece of the jello poke cake I made (Mom and the kids frosted it, so I can't take all of the credit.) It was so gooooood though. The Husband actually had two pieces (shhhhh!) I never make sweets and I was actually going to take it to a picnic that we went to on Sunday but I couldn't pull it off in time. I sure do hope my Mom took some of it over to Mommom today. If not, I am going to have to borrow someone else's willpower in order to keep away from it tonight. :-)

Hope all is well with everyone!

1 comment:

Bloggie McBlogger said...

Tomorrow starts our first day of school, and I still have no clue what the kids need.
Tried to get some basics last night (small packs of crayons, folders, cool pencils, ect), and not only are all the awesome sales over, but the stores don't have diddly left.
So on top of not being officially told that school starts a week early until 2.5 weeks before school starts, we have no supply list before school starts either.