Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Kids Printables & Other Stuff of the Week

Hi there - its been quite a busy season around our house. Besides the family things that have been going on, Dino Boy is into wrestling season again, Twinkletoes wants to help with everything, including getting the Christmas cards out and the Husband and I are up to our eyeballs in work and festivities of the season! While searching for maze books that my kids might like for Christmas, I found this link for printables. I am able to make our own book - without paying for expedited shipping since I waited so long. They don't care what format it is in, as long as they can do mazes, word searches and connect the dots. For this type of project, they're easy kids. :-)

Not much else going on. Went to a friend's holiday gathering on Saturday night. It was a lot of fun. Bumped into friends we haven't seen in over 10 years. Go figure -- its just a small world and seems that everyone knows everyone, in one way or another in our community. Not withstanding the fact that I now have a five and six year old and another on the way, the last time I saw their "baby" she was, in fact, an infant - in an infant carrier. Now she's old enough to be friends with our friends' oldest girl - in middle school. Hello - kind of makes you realize that time waits for no one - it was pretty darn cool to see them though. Hopefully we'll keep in touch from here on out.

We'll have my side of the family's "Christmas Eve" at my sister's on Saturday night. Which means that I will miss the birthday party of my friend's daughter. We've missed the last few of her birthday parties. It's just hard - I kind of can't say no to a family event for a birthday party - hopefully they get that and she's not too upset. I did get her a gift and she already knows that, so hopefully, I'll still be in the good graces! :-P

Christmas cards -- my mom and the husband hate them because I did them in sepia tone instead of color. We had matching sweaters, like we do every year, but I didn't like the way they were showing on the card, so I changed them. I really like them and I guess that is all that matters. If you would like to see the family picture in color, I can post it here. Just let me know - I have it on Snapfish. Actually, I have all three pictures in color on Snapfish. But since I didn't order the cards from Snapfish - you either have to deal with the cards that I will send out tomorrow or have the three pictures separately in color. So there.

I did tell the Husband that after Christmas, we can put our sweaters and jeans on and go to the Picture People, like we usually do - and have our family portrait taken. We belong to their portrait club so I can get a free 10x13 family portrait for the wall - keeping in tradition. That seemed to make him half happy. Nothing would have made him fully happy - he didn't offer to help - so I did it myself.

I think that is it for the latest update -- I'll have to write again if I get more time! Have a great day!

No comments: