Friday, March 2, 2012

Franklin's Valentines - an Ebook Review

We're a Franklin kind of family.  The character that was first introduced to us on the TV channel Noggin when DinoBoy and Twinkletoes were younger.  The kind of boy who you want to be your son - Mom and Pa Turtle were are role models for me as a parent.  They never lose their temper.  They never yell at their son.  They quietly explain and discuss situations the way a "perfect" family would.   I strive for their zen when dealing with their son's antics.  

I was asked by the Publisher to review this ebook, Franklin's Valentines via Netgalley.com.  I am so excited to do so.  While it is a few weeks past the big Valentine's Day, there is no reason this book can't be read to your children any day.  We've read it quite frequently the past few weeks, me and Sweetart, on the iPad.  

Here's a blurb from the Publisher:  

In this Franklin Classic Storybook, it’s Valentine's Day and Franklin can’t wait to give his friends the cards he has made. But when he gets to school, he discovers that they’re missing. Franklin is heartbroken and worried that now his friends won’t want to give him any cards. Big hearts prevail and Franklin soon learns that he has very good friends—and that he can be a good friend, too.

Here's what Sweetart and I thought (keep in mind she is going to be 4 soon):   WE LOVED IT.  I heard a lot of "more mamma's" and "again" out of her.  She wanted to flip the page.  She wanted to tell the story based on the illustrations.  She also wanted to tell her friends that it is okay and accidents happen but they're still friends anyway.  

A great book with a great lesson behind it! Franklin's Valentines is a winner in our house! 

If you would like more information about Paulette Bourgeois, the author of this fabulous story, please visit her website.   



Note:  I was provided a copy of this ebook, free of charge, from the Publisher via NetGalley.com.  I was not compensated for this review, only asked to provide my honest opinion of the book, which I am pleased to do.  


1 comment:

Heather said...

Franklin stories were definitely tops in my list of series picture books. They were rich with lessons and language and I enjoyed reading them to both of my boys. I remember my kids' (and my) favorite--Franklin Fibs, when he boasts that he can eat 76 flies in the blink of an eye. Picked it up at a garage sale for pennies and read it almost daily! Glad new Franklin stories keep coming! Maybe someday I will be reading the lot to my grandkids!