Friday, April 15, 2011

Post #301 - Still waiting for full on spring!

Not for nothin', but I thought I might mention that this is my three hundred and first blog post.  Did I write that number out correctly?  Our 3rd grader was practicing that skill (other than check writing, I don't really see where she'll use it, but anyway) so I thought I'd try my hand at it as well.  

Today is an awesome day!  Other than it's Friday, I am happy to report that my sister in law and her fiancee birthed a beautiful baby boy yesterday whom they named Christian.  Momma and baby are doing well and I cannot wait to meet the little guy!  He was not as big as the doc warned SIL about (thank heavens for small favors!) and he is cute as a bug.  I mean as handsome as a movie star.  He should get into modeling.  I guess all families are a bit biased about their own, right?  I know my kidlets and nieces and nephews are definitely the cutest out there.  

In our yard, our daffodils are in full bloom and the tulips are ready to burst!  The star Magnolia in the back has already bloomed and is sure to be barren of flowers come the storm we are expecting tomorrow afternoon.  My Magnolia closer to the house is also ready to bloom, a few brave blooms are already peeking out - I have my fingers crossed that tomorrow's storm does not do this tree in as well.  It seems like there is always something that prevents this beautiful tree from shining it's full glory:  a cold snap, a Nor'easter, something.  It is time to plant the seeds for our garden and get ready for the springtime.  It is time for the kids to play outside more than they play inside.  It is spring.  Today, however, although I am grilling, it is cold.  It is gray.  It is gloomy.  
I want spring.   Do you have spring yet? 


3 comments:

Clayton Thomas said...

I'm sure we'll be feeling the full effect of Spring before we know it. Following you from the hop. Have a terrific weekend!

Clayton
http://www.claytonpaulthomas.com
twitter: @claylauren2001

Anonymous said...

Following through the blog hop!
Nice meeting you!

xoxo, Amy

heyimamy.blogspot.com

kitkat said...

Hey. u have a very lovely blog and i'll try to keep up with ur posts lol. i'm from the stalk hop friday and i hooope u follow back..xoxo!!