Friday, June 10, 2011

Shattered by Melody Carlson - reviewing on 6/13/11

I must admit, I've been amiss.  I have this book on my desk.  I have been looking at it, then picking up my Kindle for convenience.  I was supposed to post my review of this book on 6/8 and the date slipped by me.  I was provided a complimentary copy of the book by Glass House Public Relations. 

Here's a little about the book:

Cleo Neilson's best friend is moving away and she wants to make Lola's last night in town special. For Cleo, that means going to the big Christian concert in the city, but her mom won't allow her to go. She says that area of the city is too dangerous for two unchaperoned teenage girls.

Convinced her mom is just being an overprotective "helicopter" mom, she sneaks out of the house. After all, her mom has to let her grow up sometime, right?

Cleo now faces the chilling consequences of her actions and a secret that it is eating her up inside. As Cleo fights through her grief and guilt, she learns about faith in God and forgiveness through him.

In the meantime, please check out Melody Carlson's website at http://www.melodycarlson.com/.  See what other books she has to offer.  I am definitely going to check out her new series for tweens, Allison O'Brian on Her Own, for Twink to read this summer! 

No comments: