Monday, June 20, 2011

Twink is 9 - How did that happen?

Yesterday, Twinkletoes turned 9.  I cannot believe it.  Far as I am concerned, this photo could have been taken yesterday!  That would have put her at about 10 pounds instead of pushing 65 and a few weeks old instead of the ripe old age of 9. 
Twink and Mommom Kelly

This next picture was taken just a week or two ago.  See the difference?  All grown up. 9 years old.  A member of t he JOGA team at her gymnastics academy.  A big sister.  A little sister.  A girl who loves to laugh, draw and play.  Loves to hang out with her friends.  Loves to do her homework and excel in school.  Loves to swing.  Loves to swim and ride her bike. Loves to love.  She's given us a lot of love in the past 9 years.  I hope she knows how much we love her.  And appreciate all she does to make our lives whole (crazy but whole!!!)    

We're entering the "tween" years.  I think it might be kind of like entering the Twilight Zone.  I don't believe I am ready yet for puberty, boy craziness or growing up in general.  For that matter, I don't think her Daddy is either.  We're going to be going through a lot of changes ... probably a lot sooner than we can even imagine.  All I know is, I'm buckling in and enjoying the ride.  Love you!! 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! My daughter will turn 9 in march! Unbelievable how fast these years have flown by!

Judy Whatilivefor said...

Happy Birthday! It's terrifying and amazing how quickly kids grow up isn't it?

So glad to have connected with you through voiceBoks!

Heather said...

Hooray! Hooray! 9 the other day!!! That's all I can say since I missed Ella's birthday!!