Saturday, February 9, 2008

Just breathe ....

Ok - we have an appointment with the endocrinologist on Tuesday at 8:45 a.m. I've been told that this doctor will probably refer me to a dietician that specializes in diabetes treatment and management. I'm kind of confused. I don't feel any different than I did - if I'm "sick", shouldn't I have some type of external symptoms? The only thing I'm feeling, besides scared, is angry!!! And I should be happy that the doctors and tests caught this right? How can I fail a one hour GTT one week and pass it the next? If I were just given a repeat of the one hour test, I'd have passed it. But with the three hour test, I failed only the two and three hour portions of it.

And, there is so much conflicting information on the internet on "what" to do - but there are no specifics. So - what do I do in the meantime but get more and more frustrated? I've tried to cut out as many extra carbohydrates and sugars as I could -- I'm an ice cream and bread FREAK -- so this is hard! Harder than starting and sticking to weight watchers. At least in that, they give you the flexibility to "cheat" and enjoy some of the things you love. I'm thinking that with this diet that I'll be on, there will be none of that. But - since who knows when I will actually get to see a dietican, I don't know that for sure.

I guess if CRANKY is one of the "symptoms" of having GD, I've got it and I've got it bad!

No comments: