Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm baaack...

A fun weekend.  Scrapbooking.  With the girls.  Family.  Old friends.  New friends.  Just plain fun!  I might have been talking a lot more than I should have which hindered my progress but, really, although I am disappointed in the number of completed layouts I brought home, I cannot say I am disappointed in the weekend itself. 

My new friend LG - did a bang up job of running a 3 day, 2 night crop for 100+ ladies!  Some came from as far away as 3 hours to Ocean City, New Jersey - to the beautiful Flanders Hotel - an icon on the island.  The crop room was open 24 hours a day from 1:00 p.m. on Friday through 3:00 (? I left early, at noonish) Sunday.  I was not strong enough to stay up all night for two nights.  I hit the hay about 2 o'clock on Friday night (Saturday a.m.) and around 1 o'clock on Saturday night (Sunday a.m.) but I was downstairs working again by 7:30 a.m. both mornings.  Crazy, right?  Food was in abundance and very tasty - dinner Friday night, breakfast, lunch, dinner and an ice cream bar on Saturday night, and a delicious brunch on Sunday morning.   Vendors galore available too - selling scrapbooking/stamping supplies, jewelry and even handbags.  Some of the vendors did free make and takes and some had pay-to-play layout classes.  I only participated in one make and take but my Mom attended a cool summer themed layout class. 

It was our 5th year in a row of attending a weekend crop and our first with this brunch of gals.  They were fabulous!  We even brought three new friends with us to give the weekend crop thing a try.  I think the general consensus at the end of the weekend was that we all loved this one and will be back again next year. 

I did get the text on Saturday night telling me that SweeTart had coughed herself sick again.  YUK.  Hubs said that once she puked, she was feeling better and able to sleep the rest of the night without any coughing.  I am so over this winter cold!!  Last night we did what the doctor prescribed plus a little extra.  Dimeatapp, nasal spray, cool mist humidifier, and vicks chest rub on her socked feet before she got in bed.  I am not sure which of the above did the trick but once she fell asleep, she slept through the night with no coughing fits.  Yay!!  We'll just have to follow the same protocol tonight. 

Busy week this week:  gymnastics practice 2xs for Twink and her first meet on Saturday afternoon; wrestling practice 1x (he'll miss the 2nd one) plus a match on Saturday morning (roll call is bright and early at 7:30 a.m.); and Twink's first performance - an Orff Ensemble Concert on Thursday night.  She has been practicing once a week for about two months.   She gives up her lunch recess every Friday to practice.  She's pretty excited!  And even more excited that it will be held at the local high school instead of her school's cafeteria so that more than just Hubs and I can go. 
If you're interested in attending next year's crop weekend, you can get more information at their website http://www.scrapanongetaway.com/-- it will be the same week 2012 (geez, that seems weird to write.)

Since this post is being published on Monday, January 24, 2011, a big shout out to my sister:  Happy Birthday!! and to Matt who is turning 5 today - I can't believe it!!  I hope you both have super days!!

No comments: