Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scrapping on the brain ....

As my friends and I prepare for our annual Scrapbooking Retreat @ the beach in NJ - yes, I said the beach in NJ (where it has been cold, snowy, icy and we're gearing up for more snow and cold as I type ... have I moved to Vermont??) ... I am trying to figure out how to get my entire December 2010 Disney Trip scrapped in one weekend.  I have a feeling I am going to fail.  Especially because I am finding more and more cool ideas that I want to incorporate into this scrapbook.  Check this neat idea out.  How cool is that? 

Do you know that I have almost 700 pictures printed and ready to go?  That doesn't even include all of the PhotoPass pictures that I have resigned to digitally scrapbooking with Close to my Heart's Studio J.  In my spare time, after the weekend crop.  (Really, I swear, I want a FINISHED scrapbook!) 

I think we'll leave around 4 - 4:30 on Friday, takes about an hour to get there, get settled, have dinner then get to work around 7:00?  7:30?  8:00?  We all know that I am certainly not a night owl.  I am up with the birds, even before the birds many mornings.  (I've given this gift to SweeTart who made her Daddy get out of bed on Sunday morning because the "sun is up!!")  In years past, I've gone downstairs to the crop room before any of my friends are out of bed (generally at the same time my alarm at home would be going off - Note to self: remember to turn alarm off on Friday so that it doesn't scare the bejeezus out of the fam on Saturday and Sunday mornings) and get a few good layouts done before anyone else rises for breakfast.  Now, part of the reason everyone else sleeps in is because they're up til 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning - something I just cannot do (well.)   Sunday, I'm looking foward to leaving for home around 2 or 3 o'clock in the afternoon so that we get home in time to unpack and see our families for dinner on Sunday. 

Besides just getting the Disney book done, I am looking foward to spending time with my friends.  The times that we get together (kidless, stress free) are few and far between.  Gotta enjoy the free moments while we can.  A special shout out to the Hubs who makes it all possible.  He'll have the kids for almost 48 hours by his lonesome.  He really rocks!!

PS - CAN YOU VIEW THIS PDF - if you can, get scrapping!!  Its from one of the Close To My Heart Scrapbook layout books - (that I don't have!!)

PS #2 - Linking up with Traci66 and Heck of a Bunch for the
Photobucket>

3 comments:

The Loops said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower! I'd love for yout to check out my blog.

http://theloops13.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through the Blog hop. Reading your post makes me want to get out my scrap booking supplies! I hope you enjoy your time!

Traci66 said...

Thank you for sharing our KCT button