Friday, June 8, 2007

What a week!

Thank goodness the week is finally winding down ... the past few days have been hectic, crazy, and has me thinking that there is something "off" in the world .. cosmically. People have been short-tempered, some don't listen, some are driving crazy, some are fighting and bad stuff is happening to good people.
Don't get me wrong, I'm right up there with the best of the nutty people lately. I even *freaked* on the Palentologist in the middle of the night because he wanted a drink and I didn't feel like getting out of bed. I had already been up twice with the dogs and water from the bathroom sink wasn't quite good enough because he wanted juice from the fridge. Then we got into an argument -- he with his temper -- telling me that if Idon't get up, he'll never go to sleep again and me *tweaking!!* because, how dare he yell at me after he wakes me up after I just fell asleep??? I proceeded to send him back to bed and I stomped downstairs to get the juice while he slammed his door -- it was 3:30 - my alarm goes off at 4:30 - then when I brought him the juice, it was in a "soda" cup (a diner leftover) instead of "juice" cup (tupperware) and he wasn't going to drink it because it was not in the right cup. Now, who cares but him, what kind of cup he is drinking out of, as long as he is DRINKING??? ugggh. He wound up drinking a few sips then I put it on the bookshelf at the top of the steps where the rest of the cup has gone bad from not being refrigerated. I did wake him up this morning and apologize for yelling at him in the middle of the night. I hate sending him to sleep mad and/or crying. He gave me a kiss and a hug and went right back to sleep. Think he even remembers?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that today will be the day that things begin to slow down and I won't be the only one who is trying to calm down. Of course, with 2,000 things to do on Saturday alone, who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Thought for the weekend: Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out. Anton Chekhov

No comments: