Monday, May 9, 2011

A Creed Legacy by Linda Lael Miller - A Book Review

From the Publisher:

Rough-and-tumble rodeo cowboy Brody Creed likes life on the move. Until a chance encounter with his  long-estranged twin brother brings him “home” for the first time in years. Suddenly Brody is in Creed territory—at thirty-three, he’s a restless bad boy among family with deep ties to the land and each other. And a secret past haunts him as he tries to make plans for his future.

Carolyn Simmons is looking for Mr. Right in Lonesome Bend, as the ticktock of her biological clock gets ever louder. Then she falls for gorgeous Brody Creed, the opposite of everything she wants. Until lassoing his wild heart becomes everything both of them need.

What I thought:  (slight spoiler)

I'm a sucker for a feel good book ... and a happy ending.  I enjoy reading Linda Lael Miller's books and this one was no different providing fun characters and an interesting story line. A little bit of drama and a lot of romance.  It was an easy read, good for a quiet night or a weekend away.  I think I will go ahead and purchase the book before this Creed's Honor (The Creed Cowboys) so that I can find out how Carolyn's friend Tricia and Brody's identical twin brother, Conner, meet.  Creed's Honor will be available on Kindle and in paperback on 5/31/11 and is available for preorder now. 

The Creed Legacy doesn't come out until June 28, 2011 but it is certainly available for pre-order right now on Amazon.com and other sites.   Perfect timing for your 4th of July vacation or a weekend at the beach. 

I was given a copy of this gallery by the Publisher via Netgalley.com.  I was only asked to provide my honest opinion of the book, not the favorable opinion that I am happy to give.

No comments: