Saturday, May 21, 2011

Doomsday? Rapture? Today????

So many things to do ... especially if the world is going to end ... today.  I haven't done much research on this topic but from what I've "heard" 6 p.m. is the time?  Eastern time?   Will it go in waves across the time zones, kind of like the New Year's Eve celebrations?  I am curious.  Will only the good go?  Leaving the rest of us here?  There are many different views of heaven.  What is yours?  Do you think that Heaven resembles "What Dreams May Come" and everyone has thier own personal heaven or hell?  Do you think that Heaven will have everyone sleeping on clouds and there is "nothing" and we remember "nothing" from our time on earth?  On my way home from work yesterday, I was listening to the radio and that was what one of the callers said - (paraphrased, obviously) "...remember nothing from life on earth ... worship only the Lord ... all others are secondary ... no housing, clothing or love, other than the Lord's..."  What do you think?? 

If today really is the last day on Earth, I think Hubs should come home from work and hang out with us for a bit.  Especially if he won't be remembering us in the "next" phase.  I will disappointed that my children will never get to see all of the beauties that this world has to offer ... the island of Jamaica ... their first kisses ... first broken heart ... the Grand Canyon (heck, I want to get there too!) ... I have a whole list of things I want to do with them ... maybe I should prepare a bucket list for "family time" as well as my own "personal" bucket list.  I will get right on that.  Maybe I will even post about it.  Another day. 

But, for today, if there only is today, my family and friends should know that I love and cherish them.  xoxoxo

4 comments:

Bloggie McBlogger said...

Dude, I sooo have PMS, because the end of this made me teary. :-D

Pinching Abe said...

I'm here from Relax and Surf and I'm a new follower. I hope you'll stop by to visit me sometime soon :)

I had no idea my kid had even heard murmurings of a Rapture! I hope she wasn't too upset about all that negative talk. We don't know when it will be - so just live a good and just life to the best of your ability. Worrying about it isn't what God would want anyway :)

Susan said...

Everyday is a gift, if this craziness, has taught us anything is take time to enjoy life and don't take it for granted. It may end one day (Just not 5/21/11).

Unknown said...

I agree with Susan. We should think about this all of the time, and make each day count more, and always be grateful:) Nice to find you on VoiceBoks...
~Courtney
http://www.mommyladyclub.blogspot.com