Friday, May 6, 2011

Goodnight Little Sea Otter by Janet Halfmann - a book review

From the Publisher:

Children will want to settle down for bedtime with Little Sea Otter as he snuggles onto Mama's chest in a cozy bed of sea kelp and bids good night to all his ocean friends. From sea lions to sea snails, seagulls to seals and sea urchins, it seems he'll never close his eyes. But gently rocking seas, twinkling stars, and Mama's loving arms lull Little Sea Otter—and children everywhere—to dreamland.

My Thoughts:

This book was wonderfully written and beautifully illustrated.  It is the tale of any child trying to say "good night" to everyone and anyone they can think of before going to sleep themselves.  I thoroughly enjoyed the story.  However, my 3 year old daughter, had a hard time sitting still for the entire story.  Maybe she needs to get a hard copy of this book in her hands?  She was captured by the artistry, if not the story, at this time.  I, however, enjoyed the sea otter's interactions with the animals around him.  I would definitely recommend this book to others and will be purchasing as a gift in the near future!

I was given a galley of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.  I was asked to provide my honest opinion of the galley and have not been compensated for publishing my opinion.  

7 comments:

Posh said...

Stopping by to say hello and to follow.
have a great day!
POSH
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/05/happy-weekend-6.html

Create With Joy said...

I love children's books and I enjoyed your review! :-)

I'm a new follower from Follow Me Friday and I hope you'll join me at Create With Joy. I also review books and I'd love to read your thoughts on some of my reviews as well!

Have a fabulous weekend!
Ramona

http://create-with-joy.com

Unknown said...

reached you by way of the blog hop at Design is Chic. I am in the process of publishing a little children book with an auther friend called "Creeper" (the book title not my friends name) when it comes out . would you like to give it a review?
Check out my folk art project
KAT

brooke said...

Oh, that is a lovely book. I am going to put it on my list. (new follower from Follow me Friday)

TanyasTreasureTrove said...

Hi! I'm following you from YLM
blog hop!I hope you visit me and
return the follow:0)

Flora Loveday said...

Great book review! Now, to try and find it in Mexico!

Found you on Stalk Hop Friday and a follower now :)

Cheers!
Flora Loveday
The Upper Hand
http://www.the-upper-hand.com/2011/05/stalk-hop-friday.html

Rachel H. @ Star Bright Books said...

Thanks for reviewing!