Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Scale is down ... or should I say "was" down?

So two weeks ago we started the "Biggest Loser" competition at work.  Last week, I weighed in 5.5 lbs lighter than the week before.  You'll be impressed to know that I won for this week's "biggest loser" and am now sporting a cool bowling trophy with my name and a few Mardi Gras beads hanging on it ... it's pretty comical to look at and from what I am gathering, a pretty coveted title.  I wonder if I can stay on track to win again this week? 

Not only did I win individually, my team won for the biggest weight loss percentage as well!  I am on a team with two other wonderful ladies that I work with ... one lost 5 pounds (and as I type, I think she is down in the weight room working out) and the other lost 3 pounds.  Way to go ladies!!  We are kicking some major butt.  (Literally!!) 

I am generally following the weight watchers plan that I used a few years ago when I got skinny.  Then I got pregnant with SweeTart.  Do you think they were the result of one another?  LOL  Now, here I go all over again ... she's almost two and I'm pretty heavy ... I chunked up too right around when Twinkletoes was 2ish.  Hopefully this time I will shed the extra poundage and keep it off.  I have to start exercising.  I have to, I have to, I have to ... (imitating the Little Engine that Could). 

Does anyone have any delicious recipes to share with me that actually fit into the weight watchers plan?  I would love to try something new ... I'm dying for comfort food.  It has been raining and cold for the past two days.  I'm planning for a pasta night tonight ... whole wheat pasta, of course, laden with sauteed onions and peppers, which are leftover from last night's meal.  Hopefully that will get me over the comfort food "hump" and I can look at my salads again and smile. 

*toodles*

1 comment:

Tim said...

Nice!!!! keep up the good work, I'm your comfort food :) Love, The Husband