Friday, March 26, 2010

TGIF.....

Friday Follow ---- Blog Hop

hosted by One 2 Try, Hearts Make Families and Midday Escapades!

Yesterday was a trip.  It started out well enough with The Hubs coming to take me out to lunch so that we could finish signing our paperwork for the DVC ... that was a wonderful break from my daily toil ... of course, we had to sign a lot and we've pretty much signed our lives away on another mortgage...again.  We should be used to it by now since we've already starting pledging our souls, our home, our first born, etc. to the banks to get his business up and running.  Its all good.  He said the next time we decide to do this (sign our lives away) he is bringing his signature stamp so that he doesn't get a hand cramp from signing so many different forms!  I thought it was amazing how my signature changed from one form to the next.  How are they supposed to remain the same when you're signing so many papers?  Anyhoo - it's all good.  We have our first DVC trip booked for December so that we can experience "Disney at Christmas".  Everyone is excited.  I'm not sure how we're all going to be able to wait for the day to get here when we leave.  

After work, I took all three kidlets to the doctor.  I love, love, love our pediatrician.  The Hubs made the switch to her last year in the winter when we could not figure out what was wrong with DinoBoy after he was in and out of former pediatrician's offices for 3 months.  One trip to this new doctor (who my SIL found for her little boy) and she began a new course of treatment for DinoBoy and he was better within a few weeks.  Amazing gal, she is!!  Doubly amzing too becuase she took the time to see my gaggle of kids after her normal office hours were over for the night.  Here I was walking in for a 6:45 p.m. appointment ... DinoBoy couldn't catch his breath again (just like when he was sick last winter), Twink had a sore throat and an earache, and SweeTart was still miserable after being diagnosed on Tuesday with an ear infection and an upper respiratory infection.  The end result was:  DinoBoy just has a cold but will need a nebulizer every four hours for the next few days because he is wheezing; Twinkletoes has an ear infection but not strep; and SweeTart's ear infection has gotten worse so everyone is going home with prescriptions for one thing or another.  Doc called in our prescriptions at 7:00 and I was hoping to have them before the kidlets went to bed.  I waited at the pharmacy for almost 45 mintues while they worked out kinks with the insurance company and finally filled the "mixes" for the girls.  GEEZ!!!  I didn't get home until after 9:00 and their bedtime is 8:30  .... needless to say ... I'm exhausted.  (and I'm not even sick!) 

Today will be a great day even though the weather is still crappy over here in NJ -- we've got a sitter and are going out with our friends for dinner.  I'm sure our dinner conversation will be a heated one over the current state of the State's budget and our new Governor's call on teachers to take a pay freeze for one year and begin to contribute to their health benefits....the friends that we are going to be dining with are both teachers.  I work in a school district so I know first hand how things are going down but it takes a village to raise a child ... and I'm a firm believer that everyone, everyone from the top of the administration to the bottom of the scale must make concessions ... no more "I teach your children ... I mold the future of America " that I have actually heard teacher friends of mine say ... I will give a little so that everyone can keep their jobs!! 

Toodles ... have a wonderful weekend! 

MckLinky Blog Hop

22 comments:

$uper $avin' Momma said...

Hi there, Following you from Friday Follow! Have a great weekend!

Cathy ♥ Snow White's Blog Shop!

Betty Manousos said...

Happy FF!
I am now following!
Love to have you stop by!
Hope you're having a great day!

Betty Manousos said...

HAPPY FF!!
Following you!
(maybe this is a double comment!? I am not sure!)

Lothiriel said...

Hi there!1 YOu had me at coffee! Any blog with "coffee" in it, is worth following! We coffee addicts must unite!!

XD

--Lluvia

Jessica said...

Happy friday follow from a fellow coffee addict, i mean lover...Im a new follower!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment.. I LOVE your site! :) Will definitely be followin' ya!

Allison said...

Hope you have fun at dinner! Thanks for the follow. I am your newest follower. Love your layout it is very spring like. Wish it was more like spring here..LOL Have a great weekend.
~Allison
http://the-winfields-7.blogspot.com
http://luv-books.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

OK ... normally I jump away from sites with music cuase it's usually something I can't stand- but hey, I LOVE Alan Jackson so I stayed ;-) Cool site dear! Happy Friday Follow- stop by my place when you can!

Literary Winner said...

Hello from a blogger in NY! Hope the kids get better soon and the dinner conversation doesn't turn ugly :)

I'm following you - Happy Friday!

Maggie at tethered mommy dot com
www.tetheredmommy.com

joeandbridge said...

Good Morning! Happy Friday Follow! I am your newest Follower!
Have a super day and come follow my blog!

Bridgette
The Groschen Goblins
www.groschengoblins.com

Stephanie M. Page said...

Hope your kids feel better! Following from FF!

ME said...

Happy Friday. Stopping by from Once upon a. This is my 1st FF and it sure is fun.

Lyn

http://duckydez-onceupona.blogspot.com/

Survivormama said...

So following you now! Found you through Friday Follow! Love your blog title? Gotta have me some coffee!

Emily's Family said...

Hi Im your newest follower.

Come on over and follow nme. http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/

Coo Coo Courtney said...

Hello I'm your newest Friday Follower! I love the blog and love all the little nicknames you have for your little names and the song is great. Have a fabulous weekend and stop by and visit me sometime http://coocoocourtney.blogspot.com

K said...

Following you from FF! :)

Love your blog; I'm a coffee addict, too!

Jess said...

FOllowing from Friday Follow!
Hope you can stop by and check out my blog : )
http://ldnursemomma.blogspot.com/2010/03/friday-follow.html

Unknown said...

Following you back from FF! Thanks for popping by! Congrats on your success!!

Bloggie McBlogger said...

Hope dinner was fantastic tonight, and the convo didn't turn ugly. But even if it did, you got to get out withOUT the kidlets in tow, and you got to have a grown up conversation! LUCKY!
How's everyone feeling today? (I'm figuring that you'll be reading this tonight's tomorrow.)

Krissy @ ArtsyMom said...

Following from Friday Follow!! Better late than never, right? :) Come visit us and follow us as well! :) We have a Friday Follow giveaway going on until Sunday.

http://theartsymom.tk

Kelly's Lucky You said...

following you back! thanks for stopping by.

I'm still smilin' from your Saturday morning post.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the follow! -I'm your newest follower!