Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another Busy One ....

Tonight will be another busy night, but no where near as busy as last night.  Tonight only consists of back to school night at the older kids' school.  There used to be a time when I could do this solo - but with them being in 3/4 grades, it is proving to be harder now.  There is actually an itinerary for the evening ... I'm sure there always has been, I just have never paid close attention to it.  I knew that I had two sessions during the evening, after the Principal's address to meet with two teachers.  Now they have it broken down so that in the first session you meet with the 3/4 grade homeroom teacher and during the second session you meet with the 3/4 grade math teacher that your child has been assigned.  What??  That just means that Hubs and I will be tag-teaming it tonight.  I'll cover Twink's classes and he'll cover DinoBoy's classes.  Cool. 
MoM Pictures, Images and Photos
Last night was just plain hysterical for me.  Twink had practice:  4:30-6:30.  SweeTart had her class: 5:30-6:15 and DinoBoy had practice 6:15-8:30.  I have to preface the story with:  I drive my mom's truck to work so that she can have our van to cart the kidlets around.  Generally I work from 8-4, or 7:30-3:30 if I can make it by 7:30 - lately it hasn't been happening.  To make it work yesterday, I worked through lunch, left work at 3:45 - left the truck running in the driveway when I got home - Mom took Twink to practice because it "could" be on her way home, I helped DinoBoy with his homework and got SweeTart ready for her gymnastics class.  We left the house at 5:05, dropped DinoBoy off to Hubs at his office, took SweeTart to practice.  (Oh yeah, I had a pizza delivered to the house a 3:30 so everyone could eat as soon as they stepped foot off of the bus.) Whew.  It just sounds exhausting but I think that it went rather well.  My dinner consisted of eating the kids pizza crusts while helping with homework and dressing for gymnastics. I don't think Hubs even ate - they didn't get home until after 8:30.  

The girls got their showers/baths as soon as we got home from practice, around 7:15 so they were done in plenty of time for DinoBoy to hop in when they got home.  Everyone was in bed by 9:30 - which I guess is good.  I'd rather it be a little earlier, but you can't have it all, right? 

I think we are all off tomorrow!  Yippee!!


Heather said...

Ahhh. The good old days!!
I was so pleased when mine got the seventh grade and got to do sports and stuff AT SCHOOL...where I only had to pick up and not take.

Vic said...

the joys of motherhood:)