Friday, September 10, 2010

How cool is this?

I just ordered this for my Twinkletoes.  We have a "girls weekend" planned.  4 adults, 2 kidlets (9 and 8) and teen girl.  One house at the beach for Friday and Saturday nights in November.  Lots of scrapbooking which we have not had the time to do lately and I'm looking forward to lots of bonding time with Twink as well as loads of laughs with friends. 

I thought that scrapbooking together would be a way for Twink and I to spend time together and learn about each other.  I've been trying lately to figure out a way to cut through her middle child drama and am hoping that the Devotions book I got her will help a little too.   Last night I asked her to read one Devotion that I chose.  I will ask her about it today, when I get home from work, since she was still sleeping when I left.  I also got Devotional books for DinoBoy and SweeTart too - can't leave them out.  I had DinoBoy read today's Devotion last night before he went to bed and I think some of the words spoke to him ... or at least he kind of understood what it was about.  Kind of makes my heart happy to understand that. 

I am doing my best to keep my cool and not lose patience but it didn't work too well last night.  I snapped at hubs because the kids weren't listening ... it was almost 10 before they were all in bed.  I know it is going to take a while to get into the swing of things this fall.  I need to remember to breathe and not let things get under my skin.  Even though I think that I can control the situation, sometimes it is better to sit back and maybe let Hubs control it (ice cream after Twink's shower at 9:30?) ... I have to hand it to him - he didn't snap back at me last night, he made sure the kidlets were tucked in after their ice cream and ... maybe because of his understanding of them ... it went smoother than without my screaming to get in bed?  Who knows.  Bottom line is:  I remembered, albeit a little to late, to keep my cool and go with the flow.  (Thanks honey.)

And - SweeTart stayed in her crib all night - no waking up in the middle of the night and coming in to our room.  Is it too much to hope for to have a repeat performance out of her tonight? 

6 comments:

Blogs said...

it's taken me a long time to realize that snapping is not who i like to be and i've been blaming the gemini thing on my multi personalities...i have a ton...

i need to scrapbook too:) i've been waiting to get our own home and move! thanks for stopping by...glad to meet you:) enjoy the weekend!

Robin@Pink Coupon Cafe said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Just saw your comment on my blog. Looks like we have a lot in common -- coffee and scrapbooking (although I don't blog about scrapbooking)!

Have a great weekend.

Robin

Stephanie said...

I have the most trouble when I'm stressed or in my own pain (like these last few days...having some low back issues). I have a harder time keeping myself calm and patient when I am dealing with my own stuff.

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend that's going to be - hope it works out well for everyone. Life's little tests can get to us and we're all at times challenged to go with the flow. Hope the baby gives you one more easy night. Smiles

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I got so involved with your blog I forgot to say thank you for visiting and following my blog. I came here to follow you back! I'm glad we're blogging buddies now. Smiles.

mountains-to-climb said...

I love scrapbooking so much that I got into the business of it. So I do both digital and traditional. If you ever get the chance feel free to check out my webpage

http://www.mycmsite.com/addicted2shius