Thursday, September 9, 2010

Life is Good.

Breathe deeply. Light a candle. Stop. Be still. Look a little beyond the horizon. Pray. Cry. Look up! Sing. Sing louder. Bless a stranger, silently. Laugh at yourself. Read a poem. Write a poem. Write a prayer. Step ON the cracks. Dance alone. Dance together. Dance. Be as a child. Practice Courage. Pray your gratitude. Give Blessings.

One of the women at my school district had this posted as her Facebook status the other night.  I thought it was beautiful.   I haven't taken any time to see where it came from but just keep reading it over and over and over.   The phrases that get to me most are:  "breathe deeply - stop- be still - look a little beyond the horizon - dance together - be as a child - practice courage - pray your gratitude."  The other phrases strike me as well but not as strongly as the ones I have listed. 

It seems that day after day after day, I forget these things.  I don't breathe and think before I speak sharply.  I don't take the time to stop to see what the kidlets are wanting me to see.  I don't look beyond the horizon to what will be as I muddle through what is (wrong with my day) now.  I can't remember the last time my husband and I danced.  Be as a child:  play with the children - whatever they want - they're only going to be this age once and I know I will kick myself for not doing things to help them to remember childhood.  I want to be with them not give them things.  Practice courage - I can do it, I can be healthy & lose weight and be happy with myself and be there for my children in 20 years.  Pray - I forget - how easy and simple it is to pray - for all the good that is in my life, and how thankful I am for everything and everyone in my life.  I can say with certainty that LIFE IS GOOD. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so true. Sometimes we get so caught up in the little dramas and daily minutia that we forget all we have to be grateful for. Sometimes we do need to be still and take in all of our blessings